Friday, June 22, 2012

Haiti 2012: Brent

        Another interesting day at the clinic. Lots of fillings and extractions once again but one in particular stands out in my mind.  After I finished extracting a tooth on this sweet lady the translator was telling me she wanted some dental stitches. I told her not to worry because it was not a difficult extraction and she would be fine without any.  The translator and I went back and forth for a few moments before I  finally realized she was asking for some floss!!  It kind of shows you the extent of their need for dental hygiene education because they don't even have a word for floss.  As a side note I lost the battle last night with the goat meat I consumed the first day and was not able to make it to the bible study due to the limitations of the "facilities" at the bible study as well as their proximity to where the group meets. I'm sure it went great though.

Brent
UTHSC Dental Student

No comments:

Post a Comment