Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ecuador 2012- Blain



      Our trip to Ecuador started out pretty normal, $75 bag fee and a TSA strip search.  Things started to get really interesting once we were Ecua-bound from HOTLANTA.  About 2 hours into the flight, the pilot comes on and says, "We're having problems with cabin pressure but I think we can make it back to Atlanta."  My first thought was, "Does this mean we don't get our in flight meal?"

      The couple beside me were from Ecuador so I just smiled and said "Buenos Dias".  Well after we turned the plane around they ended up using my phone multiple times to call their son in Florida.  Tarquino & Magi invited me down to their house in Quito.  He was very grateful and even called me his "Salvation".  Well the 2nd time was the charm because we all made it along with our bags. (No dirty underwear for me!)  I slept like a log on the plane and Nick couldn't even beat me out of my coma but I did end up finishing Mission Impossible. 


A couple funny facts so far:

- Darren studied a list of everybody's names and pictures except Bryan mixed the names up so he had to learn the names over again

- I got the master key again.  Corey is not happy about this but I promised not to abuse my powers unless provoked

- When Jessi talks to somebody that doesn't speak English she yells at them and waves her arms

- Ecuadorians eat Guinea Pig so Hunter and Matt are going to pick some up from Petsmart next week

- The next time you talk to Corey ask him about his new Ecuadorian costume

No comments:

Post a Comment