Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ecuador 2012- Katie


       Hola mis amigos! Well today was the second day of clinic, and wow we are all so tired! I never thought I'd be doing so much dental work so soon. First off in the morning I got to pull teeth. Five!, to be exact! With lots of help, of course! But I still pulled the teeth! And then in the afternoon, it was my first time on the hand piece! I didn't think I was going to make it. Extremely nervous! But I ended up doing fine and got more and more comfortable drilling out cavities. So much fun! And then at night, we got to eat at a good restaurant. I think all of us girls were about to starve since we really haven't eaten the food much, but nothing a cheeseburger or steak or chicken kabobs couldn't fix :)
       It really does put into perspective how much we have in America. Seeing the care some of these kids have makes me sad. But that's why we are here, to help. God bless and see you all soon. Adios amigos de Quito!!

Katie

UTHSC College of Dentistry Class of 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment