Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ecuador 2012- Emily


       I've only been in Ecuador for 3 days and i've already learned more than I thought imaginable. Today was our second day in clinic and every fear and worry that I had going into this mission trip was put to rest, simply because of the wonderful leadership. I’ve learned so much about dentistry in these past 2 days, but most importantly I've learned from the people in Quito. They are humble, hard working, and have such a passionate love for Jesus Christ. They set a great example for the way we should live and I strive to be more like them. When I start school next semester I’m sure I will be glad that I've gained some experience; however, when I go home what I will cherish most is the times I've spent with the children. I speak zero spanish, and all I know how to say at this point is "Abra La Boca” (Open your mouth). But, when I was coloring with one of the the little girls today she kept pointing at her picture that said "Jesus Me Ama” (Jesus loves me). It was kind of an "Ahhh Ha" moment…and even though I couldn’t have a conversation with her at all, I knew we had something in common. The most important thing in common!! That Jesus’s love is universal and has no limits. This trip has reminded me that God works in many different ways, and I cannot wait to see what he will bring tomorrow!!


Emily

UTHSC College of Dentistry Class of 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment